Friday, March 30, 2007

March 30th

Well, got back to work this week.
12 hours makes for a LONG shift with my back still hurting, but with a little help from my constant companion, Vicadin, I am getting by.

Last night was interesting. There is an inmate that was unhappy with the meds he recieved from the nurse. He felt they were the wrong ones, or not enough or something. So he did what any normal person would do under those circumstances and took his balls hostage. Oh yeah, you heard me right. He tied something around his testicles and decided he was going to castrate himself.
Now I'm thinking, this will be fun, let's leave him be and check on him in the morning. We can't do that of course.
Sigh, things would be so much more fun if I were in charge.
So everyone has to suit up to do a cell extraction, because this clown is refusing to back up for restraints so they can check on him. And as usual, right after everyone takes the time to get suited up, he decides to cooperate and back up.
Here is another thing that would change if I were in charge. If I have asked you 3 or more times to back up and you refuse, and I have to take the time to pull all my staff in and suit up, we ARE coming in the hard way to get you. What's that?, you are willing to back up now? Oh, no can do my friend. That ship has already sailed, ready or not, here we come!
Anyway, he backed up, the hostages were freed, and the rest of the night was quiet.

The weather has been pretty nice the last couple days so I have been able to ride the motorcycle to work. It has been a bit chilly coming home in the morning, but still a nice ride. They are saying we will get a little rain this afternoon. I am hoping it is light and clears up so I can ride again tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VOTE FOR GARY!!!!! Thanks for the story! I totally agree with you, do it my or its the highway!!! : ) Loni

Sherry Carline said...

You crack me up. Can't wait till June. Hey what was the invitation all about. Wish I could but unfortunately, still haven't got my bike. Plus if I come in May then we won't be able to come in June. Thanks though. Love ya, Aunt Sherry
P.S. March 30th was Robert's 35th birthday. Damn I'm gettin' old. LOL