Monday, January 22, 2007

January 22nd

I guess it is time for some catch up.
Last week on my Friday, which would be Wednesday night, I worked 12:00am to 08:00am.
This is the night I kind of get screwed, since the rest of my week is 09:00pm to 05:30am. So I got doubly screwed, thanks to a lieutenant. If one of the other guys that drive mobile on my Friday call in or have the night off, it is general practice that I get called and offered the post for the night. Instead, this lieutenant called someone else in, and screwed me over. It is things like this that have such a negative impact on moral. They act like it's no big deal, just get over it, but it is a big deal to us and it shows the indifference management feels towards the people who are actually in the trenches doing the work.

Last Saturday there was a large fight between two Mexican gang factions at one of the medium facilities. It involved as many as 30 inmates. Three staff had minor injuries from getting it broke up. We got 16 of the involved inmates transported to us that evening at about 10:00pm.
Then last night they brought over 3 more of them. We now have the majority of the players. We are all just wondering now how long it will be before they get word to their "homies" and we have a flare up at our institution. A lot of us, myself included, figure by this weekend something is going to go down. As long as everyone remains vigilant and paying attention to what is going on around them, we should be able to quickly control it when it does.

No comments: