Tuesday, June 26, 2007

June 26th

This is the update I had planned for last Saturday morning.
Unfortunately, my internet went down Friday night and was down all weekend.
Seems the phone wires at this place were a mess, and it's a wonder I ever got connected at all.
Well, they got fixed yesterday, and I found out that being back in town and this close to the main terminals, I can get DSL up to 10 MBS!!
SWEET!!! So I had them crank it up. Right now I am only at about half that, but they will be sending someone out again to re-do some lines so I get the full 10 MBS.
Eat yer heart out cable guys!!

Another wonderful night tonight.
The orderly in section three decided to argue with me about the time he had to clean the section.
Orderlies get 45 minutes to clean and then are supposed to shower and cell in.
After arguing about the amount of time he got, he finally went to the shower. When he finished in the shower, he stopped to pass notes or something under the door that leads to the next section, section two. This is a big no no. At this point I had the floor officer inform the orderly he was fired. The orderly decided to bang on his bunk, making a bunch of noise, and started yelling "Fuck you!". So I wrote him up.
Then I had an inmate next to him start yelling disrespectful comments at me, so I wrote him up. Then the whole tier decided to throw garbage and feces out on the tier. They will be getting sack meals for breakfast in the morning.
I then had an inmate from section one cover his light with paper. This is one of our "special" inmates and had been warned many times previously for doing this. So I wrote him up.
I made so many new friends tonight. I figure even though they obviously aren't too bright, they will eventually get the message and stop messing with me, or they will spend a lot of time locked up not being able to go to the recreation room. This is one of the main sanctions they get when they get wrote up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then the whole tier decided to throw garbage and feces out on the tier.

I'm confused, are you a corrections officer or the zookeeper for the monkey exhibit?

Gary said...

I feel like a zookeeper sometimes.
Sometimes it's like being a babysitter, a mommy, a daddy, big brother.....