Wednesday, February 21, 2007

February 21st

I guess I have slipped a bit and it has been a while since my last post.

There hasn't been a whole lot going on, at least for me, at work the last couple weeks. It has been pretty much the same old routine. It has been a little different in general population this last week though.

On Tuesday the 13th they had a fight in the dining room during the noon meal. This fight was between an African-American inmate and a Caucasian inmate. It appears that there was quite a bit of racial tension when this happened.
Then that evening there was a fight between 2 Hispanic inmates in D block. These inmates had just been recently released from IMU. They did not respond when staff arrived and ordered them to stop fighting. They did not respond and break apart even after OC spray was used, and staff had to intervene and physically pull them apart.

Because we have had an increasing number of incidents such as this, the administration slowed things down once again for several days. They limited the number of areas they allowed out to the yard at one time, and slowed the running of meals to limit the number of inmates out at one time. As of the time I am writing this, things should be back to normal schedule. I have been on my weekend for the last four days, so who knows what has happened while I was gone.

No comments: